To say that I am impressed by the Flymaster LS series of vario-altimeters would be an understatement!. The basic LS model (three bright colour cases available) does it all for paraglider pilots, and comes with the slimmest case yet. It weighs next-to-nothing, and costs very little, too!
Hang glider pilots will need to source a good mounting system for this instrument, but it is worth the effort.
The new FLYMASTER VARIO LS is the perfect instrument for leisure pilots, and features the new high sensitivity ULTRASENSE variometer.
The new VARIO LS is a basic, easy to use and inexpensive instrument specially developed for first time users or advanced pilots who just want to keep it simple. Available in a range of three vibrant colours. Vario acoustics can be customised by the pilot to their own liking.
– Light and Compact; designed to be extremely thin and comfortable to carry, 12mm thick and weighing just 89g.
– Sunlight readable Display; The high contrast monochrome display gives excellent viewing even in direct sunlight.
– Hybrid Display; a mix between segmented and pixelated display ensures two different areas; one for graphical data, and another for the display of fixed fields.
– Ultra-sensitive Vario; an accurate and extremely sensitive instrument that uses the proven quality of Flymaster varios.
– Glove Friendly; big keys that can easily be used in flight with gloves on.
– Li-ion rechargeable battery (up to 60 hours of flight).